Critique of current design
Revision as of 14:27, 12 June 2011 by Atw
The UK site in June 2011
This is how the site looks on a 1024x768 monitor with the browser set to maximised (full screen).
- The top section is too compressed. A bit more space would make it easier on the eye.
- The font for the main title could be changed to freshen the site up a bit. This is a fairly common free font so it lacks individuality and identity.
- The number of menu items could be reduced from nine to a maximum of 7.
- The subtitle is far too long and somewhat verbose. For example it could read A network offering non-corporate news or even just Non-corporate news. By making it shorter and a bigger font could be used is would be more likely to get read.
- Not the best rendition of the IMC logo. Some alternative ideas here
- The font is not the best/most appropriate choice and is slightly out of alignment too.
- Could move the search box out of the newswire section.
- Colour: the current colours are quite nice. Red, white and blue strengthens the UK identity by subtly echoing the colours of the flag. But maybe we don't to identify with the flag at all?