Difference between revisions of "HelpOWS"
(→Suggestions to Ground crew)
|Line 60:||Line 60:|
They are $200 but possibly 1 or 2 can be donated. They work in low light conditions (
They are $200 but possibly 1 or 2 can be donated. They work in low light conditions (/rain) and fit into a large backpack for transport. Connect them to a charge controller:
Revision as of 08:23, 29 September 2011
This site is to coordinate any kind of support (Food, Supply, etc.) for Occupy Wallstreet. Site will be updated as often as possible to reflect the current status.
Supplies needed on Ground
- Healthy Food
- Bottled Water
- We need a refrigerator to store fresh food. Preferably someone in the area. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rain protection gear (ponchos)
- Warm clothes
- External hard drives
- SD cards
- apple laptops with final cut pro
- PC laptops with premier or AVID
- HD cameras
- cables (USB, FireWire, etc)
- sound equipment (mice, lavs, cables, booms, etc.)
- any other film/video equipment (lights, generators, Gaffer tape, power cables, etc.)
- Water bottles (Sport caps preferred)
- Reusable plates, bowls, utensils
- shooters (people who can film)
- content producers
For donations from afar:
Mail: (No perishable food)
The UPS Store
Re: Occupy Wall Street
118A Fulton St. #205
New York, NY 10038
Suggestions to Ground crew
Look into film solar panel rolls for powering notebooks:
They are $200 but possibly 1 or 2 can be donated. They work in low light conditions (clouds/rain) and fit into a large backpack for transport. Connect them to a charge controller:
this make sure higher voltage does not boil your battery away. for this setup, a morningstar sunsaver-10 is the ticket. Add one laptop battery, and a small inverter like for a car lighter plug, and you have a 5 9's power system for a laptop.
Furthermore, if solar is not sufficient at any given period, the same power system can be recharged or run by a vehicle, the voltages are the same.
You may be interested in something like this, light, hard plastic, waterproof, carry handles. Made for easy setup and teardown.
- Couchsurfing Group: http://www.couchsurfing.org/group.html?gid=46093