Earth First! Summer Gathering 2011
uk indymedia workshop
Initial list of ideas from irc discussion:
- stuff about Indymedia uk generally
- stuff about how to post
- how to prepare a feature
- how to get involved
- contact details
We need to turn this into some blurb for the EF! programme to encourage people to come along to the workshop.
- What is indymedia and how does it work? This workshop, run by members of the collective which looks after the indymedia.org.uk website, will attempt to answer your questions about indymedia and will give you the information you need to report your news effectively on the uk site [and the local sites Birmingham, Sheffield and Oxford?], including writing middle column features for the uk front page to give prominence to your campaigns and actions. Find out about the editorial guidelines and moderation, as well as how to raise queries and how to start up an indymedia collective in your local area.
Peace News Camp 2011
This is what was initially sent to PN Camp (having been told there was no internet access on site):
Indymedia uk and you
Including (as required):
- What is indymedia and how does it work?
- How to use indymedia to best effect in your campaigns.
- How to publish your news on indymedia uk.
- How to announce events on indymedia uk.
- How to promote your campaign with a middle column feature.
- Topics and major reports.
- How moderation works.
- How to raise queries.
- How to get involved.
- Reporting news from this camp.
Then Crabapple Community confirmed that there would be internet access.
In the meantime, Peace News Camp has re-written the above, so the draft blurb reads:
- What is indymedia and how does it work? How can you use Indymedia to the best effect in your campaigns? This workshop will guide you through the logistics and practicalities of how Indymedia works, including recently controversial issues such as how moderation works. There will also be a chance to report news from the camp. Genny is an active Peace Campaigner involved in the Indymedia Collective.
This looks bound to lead to a long discussion about moderation issues. New draft, in view of all the above:
Using Indymedia (revised)
- What is indymedia and how does it work? How can you use indymedia to best effect in your campaigns?
- Find out more about indymedia during this workshop and then put it into practice.
- Upload your reports, impressions, photos etc. during and after the camp and help create a middle column feature about PNC on indymedia.org.uk.
- No previous experience needed!
- Genny is a member of the collective which looks after the indymedia.org.uk website.